Monday, February 16, 2015

Living and Healthy & Fit Life

Shared by my youngest sister, Ann: 

Started 21 day fix extreme today. Just got my heart rate back down from doing the PYLO Fit extreme workout for the day. I think I'm going to die. But I'm going to see this thing through. "Why?" you might ask. Here's why. I was born into a family with a mother who has Huntington's Disease (HD). For those of you that don't know what HD is it's like taking Alzheimer's and Parkinson's on steroids then a mixing it all together. It is 100% fatal. As for now, there is no cure. I grew up my whole life never knowing my real mother but taking care of her instead. Two years ago we buried her at the tender age of 58. Last August, I mustered up the courage to be tested for HD. I had a 50/50 chance of having it. The Monday before last Thanksgiving I was given the blessed news that I did not inherit the HD gene. It is a miracle and gift I will never take lightly. NONE of my children will grow up having to wonder if they have the walking time bomb. They won't have to watch their mother deteriorate due to HD like I did. I will be able to hold my grandchildren. By living a healthy and fit life I am going to do all those thing my mother would have liked to but was robbed. I have spent the last decade letting my body go to pot but no more excuses. Here's to you Mama. I love and miss you.