Saturday, August 9, 2014

Thank You Health Well Foundation

Below is a testimonial that I wrote for the Health Well Foundation. A foundation that I will be forever grateful to.

"The Health Well Foundation has been such a HUGE BLESSING to our family of nine. In Dec. 2012 our family moved to a new home on five acres to start living a more "healthy" lifestyle. Within a few short months, our once healthy family developed Type 1 diabetes, asthma, chronic lung problems, chronic coughs, headaches, Bell's Palsy and recurring pancreatitis. After investigating, we discovered that the house we had moved to had toxic mold in it and we found ourselves running for our lives. We were lucky enough to get out of the environment within only 7 months and had high hopes that our "hellish nightmare" would end. 

Unfortunately, we have continued to suffer the devastating effects of these poisons. Having the heart of a mother, I agonized over how to pay to get my family the medical help that we so desperately needed. The testing we needed to have run to check for the presence of these toxins is $700 out-of-pocket per person, the initial visit with the environmental doctor is about $500 per person out-of-pocket, and the monthly treatments run between $400-$700 per person out-of-pocket for 3-12 months. The ability for our family to afford the medical help that we so desperately needed was IMPOSSIBLE, especially with my husband, our main breadwinner, off of work for more than half the year either in the hospital or recovering from 11 pancreatic attacks.

After exploring several different avenues, I found myself banging my head against the wall. I was finally referred to the Health Well Foundation. I e-mailed them our story not really knowing what response to expect. I was elated when a week later I received an e-mail empathizing with our story and informing me that they were going to try to get us the help that we needed. To say I was elated and felt great hope is an understatement.

Within a few weeks we were all approved for a grant and we have been able to move forward in healing our family. Unfortunately, we have learned that all 8 of us have these poisons present in our body, but we have great hope as we have the funding that we need to pay for necessary medical visits and treatments. These treatments are making a tremendous difference in the health of our family, especially in my husband, who is having fewer pancreatic attacks now and recovering A LOT quicker. The traditional doctors had done all that they knew how and had given up on him, but thanks to the funding from the Health Well Foundation we were able to afford to see the right kind of doctor, have the necessary tests run and afford the medication. We still have a long road ahead of us, but we feel so much hope. God bless this wonderful foundation and the donors that have made it possible for people like us to receive the help that we need!"

No comments:

Post a Comment