Monday, January 20, 2014

So Much Hope--GAPS Diet Discovery

After weeks of searching for the diet that will help our family to heal I have decided on the GAPS diet (see GAPS.me). This will be a 2+ yr. commitment for our family, but I strongly believe it will be so worth it.

After racking my brain of how to implement this diet, I have finally come to the conclusion that it will be best to work it backwards. There are 6 stages of the diet that you are recommended to go through before starting on the full GAPS diet, but having 8 people to have to implement this diet with it just seemed so overwhelming so I have come up with my own personal approach of how this will work for our family. I will be converting our diet over to the full GAPS diet (with the exception of the things such as fresh fruit that will continue to feed our mold problem), while taking each individual family member as time and circumstances allow, and go through the individual stages. The stages of this diet remind me of the game "Phase 10" where you can't move on to the next phase until you have completed each phase. We will be playing "Phase 7"!

After reading through all of the science about this diet, reading others testimonials, and my own experience with nutrition, I am so hopeful that this diet will create great healing for our family. In addition to being a great basis for the mold killing diet, I hope to see great improvements in all of us. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting Jill! I am so proud of you for being proactive and facing your challenges head on! Good luck to you and your wonderful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika. This will be a very exciting journey!!!

      Delete