Thursday, January 12, 2012

"So Beautiful"--Mom's First Words

Today I got a surprise phone call from my sister who had traveled over 500 miles to see my mom on the spur of the moment.  She had been hearing from my other sister how well my mom was doing since we started her on 1 Protandim in the morning and 1 Protandim at night about 2 months ago and she wanted to see it for herself.

My mom had been diagnosed with stage IV Huntington's disease well over a year ago and was not expected to make it much longer.  Her own mother died around the age of 55 from Huntington's Disease related symptoms and my mom is now 58. She has also not spoken or walked in well over a year.

My sister called me because she was so excited! Because when she got there, my mom got up and was dancing with her and then she insisted on going outside for a walk. When she got outside, Cindy reported that she said, "So beautiful!" These were the first words that my sister had heard her speak in well over a year and she was so excited.

These are very exciting reports to hear about my mother, who searched her whole life for answers to her many health problems, but especially Huntington's disease.  She always believed that she would find answers in her life time and it is such a miracle to watch all of this happen.

It is also a very exciting and emotional time for us as siblings as our whole lives we have always had the horrible death sentence of Huntington's hanging over our heads. And, for the very first time ever we have REAL HOPE! This feels my heart with so much joy that it is hard to put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment