Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rachel's Dr. Visit Regarding A-T Symptoms

I took Rachel to the Pocatello Children's Clinic today because of concerns that I have about her. She has started to wobble quite a bit, she doesn't seem to be gaining weight, tires quickly, and she has been falling off of things more than I believe is normal. Of course I am paranoid about her having A-T and  I need to put the issue to rest. The doctor told me that I had reason to be concerned, but I didn't need to get too worried until we had more conclusive evidence. Her lack of weight gain was a concern however, since she was 16 months old and only weighing in at 17 lbs. He then took an alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) level test to see if hers was still coming in high. He told me that no news was good news, so if I didn't hear from him in a few days to assume that everything was normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment